Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hanan in Gaza's Comment (Chedet)

Hanan made another come back in Chedet's GAZA post. With his humble yet provoking tone, I can feel the strong urge by One Israeli to make Peace with his conflict enemy.

On the other hand, there are already few negotiations & discussions occured in the last 1 year but yet both Leaders cannot reach to a common agreement. So, I do believe that the discussion channel is open & the only thing lack in this area is the will to Compromise...

By Hanan
Dear Dr. Mahathir and friends, Assalamalaikum and grace.
I don’t agree with the opinions of Rabbi Cohen as well as with the other personas mentioned in the post. Even so I can see some important points in Dr. Mahathir’s post. I can feel a change from a stormy wind into a refreshing breeze. Dr. Mahathir still talks about Israel as the enemy but on the other hand he admit its existence. At least there is a hope that Israel is not to be wiped off the map. I agree with Dr. Mahathir that the Palestinians are focused more in revenge than to solve their own problems, once and forever. Revenge is not promoting any logic, any solution but more frustration for all.

It is not a secret that mistakes are a human habit. For sure Israel did mistakes as same that the Palestinians and Arabs did mistakes. Those are whipping mistakes we are paying the toll day by day. Both sides and even non involved people worldwide.


Do you think that by continuing ignoring each other we can find the solution? Being ignorant is the first and most danger step to become an extremist. So what can we do? We (all of us) can do much. First, we must think in a some reverse order. We know since day one that we are the “slaves” of the politicians. It should be the opposite. We must make the politicians to be our (the people’s) “slaves”. We need to enforce the politicians to do what we think is right for our living. They are our servants and not we are their servants. We must stop being the “herd”.

Why should peace be a business of leaders? Why should leaders solve conflicts? We tend to think that prior being friends we must have peace, then after peace is achieved we can become friends. This cannot work since if we never become friends, we never can talk, so we never can have peace unless one side defeats and oppresses the other side. The logic is in reverse order. We need to become friends first and then we can talk to each other frankly. We can be tolerant and respectful. We can compromise, even doing it willingly. Then we don’t need the peace because it is here. Simple and easy.

We must realize that we (the people) are used by the politicians like a putty for their own political aspirations. Sometimes those aspirations are in an increasing inertia towards the wrong direction. People should have the courage to speak up their minds. Just look what I’m doing. It is not a easy task to confront within me with “biased definitions”. I’m sure it is happening to all of us. I call myself a “right-wing” Zionist Jew. But is it really important how I call myself? What is important is what I do and perform. Just to become closer to you I’m not using the word “Zionist” in my my signature footer. I know that this word is provoking some or many of you. Since provoking is not my intention I can compromise and wipe the “ego” banner.

Mr. JJJ called me a “new nazi” [That doesn't diminish the fact that... ZIONIST JEWS ARE THE NEW NAZIS!]. Does Mr. JJJ think that he made me being sad or humiliated? Not at all. Mr. JJJ is still a “biased” person. I forgive JJJ for being wrong judging me. I could be easily ignorant of all of you and of Dr. Mahathir. This is a very easy task to be ignorant. I feel that I have a purpose to get closer to my enemies. This is a much harder task and a long process than to be ignorant. We must step toward each other and become friends. To become friends we first must think that we cannot destroy each other. This is what I learned from the “hidden” message of Dr. Mahathir. Furthermore, I’m almost sure that Dr. Mahathir intention is to check if you are (Malaysians and Muslims) ready to accept Israel (the state format is important but a bargaining issue via a peaceful talk).

I can feel that change. As I’m an engineer in my profession, I’m using sometimes the disadvantage of the problem as the “magic solution particles” to solve the problem. This is a kind of an opposite logic, not rational. But if you think deeper, it is the most rational solution. I assume we (all of us) are people with love in their hearts. In the present situation our “love” is directed to hate the enemy and become a disadvantage. Can we use it differently? Can we use it without any manipulation? YES WE CAN!!!
Dr. Mahathir’s points #7 and #10 are providing us a springboard to the pool of peace. I already jumped into that pool and swimming almost alone (I have one excellent swimmer beside me). The pool is still empty and waiting for more swimmers to jump in. There is an endless space for all. We must hurry before it will be too late.

Points #8 and #11 are upsetting and expressing exactly what wrong political manipulations are causing. The quiet majority is still swallowing the accumulated bitterness for so many years.

Wassalam,
Hanan, Jewish,
Israel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment